Gorgonzola Cream Sauce Serves 4-6
This is delicious served over gnocchi or spinach fettuccini!
· 4 tablespoons butter
· 2 shallots, finely chopped
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 1/2 pound Gorgonzola Dolce
· 1/8 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
· Pasta of your choice, to serve 4 to 6
· 1 cup toasted walnuts
· Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Melt butter in heavy skillet. Add shallots, cook 4 minutes.
2. Add cream and Gorgonzola Dolce and stir until cheese melts and sauce thickens.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Stir into the pasta of your choice and then stir in walnuts.
5. Transfer to serving dish and serve immediately.